1. What is a KardiaMobile?
KardiaMobile devices are clinical grade personal ECG (electrocardiogram) monitors. Compatible with most smartphones, they can capture an ECG in 30 seconds anytime, anywhere. With KardiaMobile devices you can
- Take an ECG at home or on-the-go
- Know right away when your ECG is normal
- Instantly know if atrial fibrillation (AF), a leading cause of stroke, is detected in your ECG
- Easily share your ECGs with your doctor
2. What is an ECG?
Also known as an electrocardiogram, an ECG is a test that detects and records the strength and timing of the electrical activity in your heart. Each heartbeat is triggered by an electrical impulse. Your ECG represents the timing and strength of these impulses as they travel through your heart. Find out more about ECGs here.
3. Who invented the KardiaMobile?
David E. Albert, MD, is a physician, inventor and serial entrepreneur who has developed and pioneered many innovative medical products, including the KardiaMobile. Dr. Albert worked as the chief scientist of GE Cardiology before moving on in 2004 to launch several successful technology companies, including AliveCor, the manufacturer of KardiaMobile. Find out more about his journey here.
4. Is KardiaMobile FDA-cleared?
Yes! The KardiaMobile and the KardiaMobile 6L are both cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for detection of atrial fibrillation. You can find its listing on the FDA’s website.
5. What does KardiaMobile detect?
The KardiaMobile can detect Atrial Fibrillation (quivering or irregular heartbeat, often abbreviated to AFib), Bradycardia (a heart rate that’s too slow), Tachycardia (a condition that makes your heart beat more than 100 times per minute, out of proportion with exertion or activity) or normal heart rhythm.
6. How does KardiaMobile work?
KardiaMobile 6L is a 3-electrode personal ECG device that records your ECG and wirelessly transmits the data to your smartphone or tablet. It contains two electrodes on the top surface, for use with the left and right hands, and one underneath, for use with the bare skin of the left leg. (either ankle or knee). When your ECG is being recorded, bluetooth wirelessly transmits the ECG data to your smartphone or tablet. The whole process takes no more than 30 seconds.
7. What does KardiaMobile 6L measure?
KardiaMobile is capable of recording two ECG types:
- A Single-Lead ECG: This provides a single view of the heart’s electrical activity (ECG taken with top two electrodes). It is the simplest way to record your heart rhythm. It is taken by laying the device on a flat surface near your smartphone and placing fingers from the left and right hand on the top two electrodes of the device. This is the equivalent of Lead I on standard ECG machines used in the hospital or doctor’s office.
- A Six-Lead ECG: This provides six views of the heart’s electrical activity (ECG taken using all three electrodes). Six-Lead ECG A Six-Lead ECG uses three electrodes to provide information about your heart rhythm from six different viewpoints. It is done by resting the bottom electrode on the bare skin of your left leg (knee or inside of the ankle), and placing fingers from your left and right hand on the top two electrodes. This is comparable to Leads I, II, III, aVF, aVL, and aVR on standard ECG machines used in the hospital or doctor’s office.
Through KardiaMobile devices, an instant algorithmic analysis (“Instant Analysis”) of your heart rhythm is provided upon completion of your ECG recording. This indicates whether you have normal sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation, bradycardia, tachycardia, or an unclassified result. Both ECG types detect normal sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation, bradycardia, tachycardia, errors, or inconclusive results.
8. Is my information safe?
Yes. Your health information is password-protected and stored on secure, encrypted servers.
Experience heart care like never before with AliveCor’s KardiaMobile 6L, world’s only FDA-cleared 6 lead ECG device that lets you take a medical-grade ECG in just 30 seconds.
For more information, visit alivecor.in